These are the ten bestselling vinyl records of 2022

Originally published at: These are the ten bestselling vinyl records of 2022 | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Huh. I bought Rumours on vinyl a couple years ago, but I did realise that was a basic thing for me to do.

7 Likes

Holy crap, Swift has nearly gone platinum on vinyl? Charts and sales are pretty much meaningless in the era of digital downloads, but goddamn, a million LPs? That’s incredible.

Nah. Rumours is a killer album. I would buy it on vinyl if we didn’t inherit Mrs Peas’ mom’s original copy.

10 Likes

I’ve somehow ended up with three copies of the '70s pressing of the LP over the years. Wouldn’t part with any of 'em.

Tusk is my fave, though.

7 Likes

I actually bought it on vinyl last year. It’s awesome, I don’t care if I’m basic. But I will filling in a few things from that general period (also see: Brothers in Arms).

3 Likes

I’m pleasantly surprised that 7/10 of these come from this young century.

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac, aren’t they they original singers of “Someone’s Going to Get their Head Kicked in Tonight”?

4 Likes

My mom had Brothers in Arms. I think I played it more than she did. Great album!

Weird flex, I know, but I kept my vinyl through the CD era. Back in the ‘huge stereo’ days, we would copy vinyl to tape, then wear the tape out to preserve the vinyl. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Ha! Yep, from the pre- Buckingham/Nicks days.

I was the same way. I still have almost all the records I bought pre-CD. I think the first record I bought upon release was either the first Boston album or Frampton Comes Alive.
When I moved one time, a bunch got damaged, tho after the fact when the garage sprung a leak in the flat roof not too long after the move. They were still in boxes and under the ONE little spot that leaked. : (
I still buy records, but mostly either older analog pressings, or analog remasters of something I’ve never owned. For record store day last year, I got these two:

5 Likes

Had exactly the same thing happen to me, driving the moving truck through the rain. Didn’t realize it until I discovered mold on the covers. :grimacing: Luckily it was only a handful of LPs that were affected.

3 Likes

YES! Rumors is absolutely gold, but Tusk is a work of art.

2 Likes

I’m a little surprised that good kid, m.A.A.d. city is the Kendrick on the list. It’s his best album; I guess it’s sliding into the “classic” category.

I just listened to Rumours again last week. Still amazing.

1 Like

Apparently the top 10 in the UK were:

1 MIDNIGHTS TAYLOR SWIFT
2 HARRY’S HOUSE HARRY STYLES
3 THE CAR ARCTIC MONKEYS
4 C’MON YOU KNOW LIAM GALLAGHER
5 RUMOURS FLEETWOOD MAC
6 WET LEG WET LEG
7 BEING FUNNY IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE 1975
8 AM ARCTIC MONKEYS
9 SKINTY FIA FONTAINES DC
10 WILL OF THE PEOPLE MUSE
2 Likes

Huh I only (currently) own one of those. Had Thriller back when it came out, but now the closest is Easy Star All- Stars’ Thrillah.

Just not one of the cool kids I guess.

1 Like

Those are some impressive numbers, and it’s great to see so many new artists. But I’m thinking the Soul Jazz release of Disco Reggae Rockers should’ve been number 1.

1 Like

I hope you were able to get him that left handed monkey wrench he asked you to pick up.

2 Likes

Maybe go ask your music industry friend…

1 Like

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

1 Like