These baby opossums eating fruit will likely overwhelm your heart with joy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/08/these-baby-opossums-eating-fruit-will-likely-overwhelm-your-heart-with-joy.html

2 Likes

Wonderful things :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I clicked the wrong link and wondered why you’d flamethrower them. My bad :raising_hand_woman:t3:

A former coworker found some really small baby possums on a mother that had died in their yard. I still have this pic she posted.

They were sent to a friend who rehabs them and they grew up and went to go live in the wild.

4 Likes

images

2 Likes

Good thing they let the possums imprint on those MotU figures. Had they chosen the one that smelled like a rancid skunk’s butt, the little critters would’ve grown up mighty confused.

2 Likes

Are you sullying the good name of Stinkor??

Fun fact - They used patchouli oil in the plastic to make him smell, so they might have had a fondness for hippies growing up. :wink:

1 Like

That’s the chap! Funny, I don’t mind patchouli now but my memory was of visiting my cousins and having them ambush me with a horrendous olfactory nightmare in toy form. Guess my nose was stronger back then, or the idea made the smell more impactful somehow. Now I’m thinking less a bunch of baby possums imagining they’re skunks and more a bunch of baby possums enjoying Phish.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.