These Handmade Custom Bobbleheads Could Be The Best Gift You Give This Year

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/26/these-handmade-custom-bobblehe-2.html

these are full-sized, right ?

4 Likes

Often times a product will oversell itself with a much higher quality example used in advertising copy. I sincerely hope that is not the case here.

4 Likes

Who is this, Super Karen?

5 Likes

Given the similarity (or lack thereof) with most of the examples, I wonder if they have a preexisting selection of generic face and hair elements that they just stick together and paint to roughly match the coloring of the person in the photo. Unless those Chinese craftspeople are super fast, I don’t see how they could even do custom faces otherwise, at that price point.

7 Likes

Antiques of tomorrow? I doubt it. Unlike these. (you need to FFWD to 9.15)

Maybe up to $2,000

2 Likes

If you can get the hair right, you’re probably 85% done.

2 Likes

I am not sure how these are so cheaply available here. If yes, I would like to buy. Can I see check the reviews somewhere?

I got mine from custombobblehead.cc for $129 for me and my wife. It was excellent though pricier than this one

These are sold by the BoingBoing Shop and not here by BoingBoing itself. Click on the link in the post to get to the actual sales site. FYI behind it all is Stack Commerce. Google them.

(I am just a punter like you, but you seemed like you might appreciate the info.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.