These Icelandic horses will write your out-of-office emails for you

Originally published at: These Icelandic horses will write your out-of-office emails for you | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I was unsatisfied with the horses they picked. Not hairy enough. Icelandic horses are really emo:

You can’t import horses to Iceland, not even ones they’ve previously exported. Also, they have an additional gait, the “tölt”, other horses don’t make use of.

13 Likes

I remember when ponies would actually delivered the mail…

3 Likes

If you want to have fun when in Iceland, refer to these small horses as ponies and watch how the people react.

3 Likes

They tried it first with Icelandic sheep but they ended up sending really nasty emails to your boss - then they shat on the keyboards and chewed up the cords.

9 Likes

I’m headed to Iceland to ride the horses at the end of June. I did this in 2018, as well, and it was thoroughly enjoyable tölting across the gorgeous landscape! I can’t wait to go again!!!

iceland hatari GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

8 Likes

at first i was like “maybe they can generate passwords, but i don’t know about regular words”, and then i remembered what the names of icelandic volcanoes look like

8 Likes

It’s a beautiful language, really.

10 Likes

The problem is, for about $2,000, you can build a dedicated password-cracking rig that can simulate 100 gigahorses per second. And you can’t salt the hashes because the horses will just lick the salt off.

13 Likes

I remember a time when people were saying that 20 megahorses was all that anyone would ever need.

8 Likes

There’s also the flying pace. They’re wonderful little horses. Mom and I rode one at a horsey expo in Lou-a-vulle, Kintucky.

5 Likes

Of course the horses use an Icelandic keyboard.

5 Likes

These are the same people who produced the magnificently driving trollies (naturally) Icelandverse promotion:

3 Likes

Horses prefer Apple, because they can’t get a stable version of Winnee 11, which in any case is susceptible to a virus that only a strong course of Ivermectin can cure.

I’ll just leave this here.

Useful paper on the Icelandic horse-gait mutation: Mutations in DMRT3 affect locomotion in horses and spinal circuit function in mice | Nature

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.