These reversible Micro USB cables eliminate frustration

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/23/these-reversible-micro-usb-cab-2.html

Because that’s not what the standard dictates?

I also can’t imagine they fit securely.

8 Likes

IIRC the reason it wasn’t designed to be reversible is because it would take twice as many what ever it is inside to make the contacts. It’s a simplicity/cost thing.

And now it’s a standards thing…

6 Likes

Cool do they make automotive Jumper cables too?

3 Likes

I have some of these. They’re a great idea, but…
They are not very secure
They don’t charge as fast as my other cables

3 Likes

Wires. The whatever it is is wires.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Do you need a new plug

1 Like

One that won’t make him nervous

4 Likes

15 Likes

Great so now they won’t fit in either orientation.

6 Likes

One that won’t fit

1 Like

Why aren’t all USB cables made this way?

Maybe because they don’t last as long? How do they compare with standard plugs for number of insertions?

1 Like

com-add-text%20(1)

3 Likes

Do people really have a problem getting USB cables the right way around?
Most of my cables have a distinctive bend which means I know which way around they go without looking, but if it’s a new cable, you can just look at the end and plug it the right way up.

Actually, some people really do have a problem. I watched one person (I won’t specify a gender) trying to plug his/her charger in at the local Starbucks and the operative theory seemed to be that, with enough force and persistence, it will fit. Or else… Me, I’ve never objected to actually looking at the plug and the socket and figuring out ahead of time what the proper orientation might be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.