These ultra-primed Dell and Periphio gaming PCs are on sale for at least 33% off

Originally published at: These ultra-primed Dell and Periphio gaming PCs are on sale for at least 33% off | Boing Boing

Have I been doing this wrong for decades? I don’t think any of these even make my top ten. :wink:

For a computer, it’s hard to be as responsible and efficient as a raspberry pi. And there is way less malware for ARM than x86, so it’s safe too. It’s not a sensible choice but three out of four is pretty good, and I can’t believe that list is in order of importance else it would be safety first.

You can buy a recent, fully up-to-date mid-range gaming system for the exact same price as these retreads; hard pass. My current Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop (sold as “renewed”, basically a certified return; I got better-tier spec at a lower price) was $1100 shipped; a similar desktop will run you $800-900 or so, and the 2021 base version has all my stats at the base price of $1100 new, FFS ^^’ .

Tl;dr? You can get far better spec for the same, or even less cost. Don’t bother with this mess.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.