Thieves stole $100,000 in dimes off a truck in a Walmart parking lot

I have a question…
The mint building is downtown. Florida is south. Why would he drive the coins north a half hour to get to that WalMart?
A WalMart in a mall known for criminal activity. A WalMart where the National Guard with actual tanks rolled in to stop looting when the mall was initially closed for the pandemic.

1 Like

How am I the first person to notice this?

2 Likes

It appears that the linked ABC6 article has been updated…

Dateline: Thursday, April 13, 2023 6:34PM

Police on the scene say an estimated two million dimes, worth $200,000, were stolen. That’s an increase from an earlier estimate of one million dimes.

3 Likes

If you can insert 1 coin every second, then just over 11.5 days.

Police are seeking a living statue…

That’s over 521 adult badgers!

6 Likes

For a nickel and dime type crime that was a good payout.

2 Likes

“Hey, TJ, are you sure it’s OK to just leave the truck like this?”
“Yeah, sure. Who’s gonna be dumb enough to try to steal 4000lbs of dimes?”

[next morning]

“Well, son of a b_tch!”

3 Likes

Dwaaah?

2 Likes

You got a citation for that?

2 Likes

These are fully armoured WH40K-spec war badgers. Different beast.

4 Likes

Hell, I have pictures from my own camera, but it’s easier to Google some.

You have any pics with the tanks? Those are just covered troop transports.

3 Likes

Um… first of all, that is pretty bereft of any hard information. As @sqlrob noted - the picture is just of troop transports - hardly tanks. Second, the articles says the “deployment” is in response to the election, not the pandemic. Third, that’s from Philly, so it says and not Florida… Fourth, this same “news” paper had this as their cover story…

So, it seems like some racist piece of trash paper you picked to back up your claims there… :woman_shrugging: And it’s not even from FL…

2 Likes

Good luck trying to launder that money. It’ll be more effort and time than it’s worth. The cops will be on the lookout for anyone paying for stuff with a bunch of dimes for years I bet.

3 Likes

“I’m trying to launder these dimes but the dumb machine only takes quarters!”

11 Likes

When I busked in the subway I used to spend all the change in the ticket machine, adding value to my card. But there’s a limit to how many coins the machine will take at once.

4 Likes

Them runnin’ a kombucha soda fountain out the back of the Phillips 66, that’s them. Look for the 200 aging tuns.
That’s her with the u-pick strawberries and ultramarathon. I knew something wasn’t right.
The one-way dog park loop with the garfish hunt on the side? You catch 'em you gotta buy that weight in dimes, that’s their thing. Creepy fish, too.
Scared straight has this pay phone, and it cuts you off. I think they’re cops?
It’s the inner city grocer, so their bulk foods is like 5 barley berries for a dime. I heard they were hoodists but mostly they believe in dryness.
There’s a tennis shoe shine by Scots girls, but instead of a 5 step scrub thing they just whack each once good with a towel and it’s 30 cents.
Ever wonder what happens to that sprouted refrigerated bread that’s $12 a loaf?

6 Likes

So instead of posting from a clearly racist link, you can post your pictures that you took yourself?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.