Third Spanish art restoration goes wonderfully awry

It’s the anuses for the mouth and the eyes that does it for me

3 Likes

I’d just about forgotten about this! Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Aren’t these restorers vetted in any way? Or is someone gifting their “oh, he’s so talented” idiot nephews paying jobs?

Even Jared Kushner could do better than that

I hope this is fake. Every photo of this I can find is either uncredited or credited to the same person, by way of Facebook. It looks like it could be shooped. It also looks like it could be a plaster facade over the actual face as a prank.

It also seems weird that the condition of the plaster above is head was in better condition in the before picture than it is in the after. I suppose that might just be because they had to go back a ways to find a before image. But you’d think any restoration effort would begin with some decent before photos.

1 Like

At least in the case of the Monkey Christ it was a pensioner who took it upon herself to restore the village church’s art.

I’m trying to figure out this one, as it doesn’t quite make sense. How could you even turn the left into the right?

From what I can tell, reading the original fb post, the “before” picture isn’t the actual before pic, right before the “restoration”, but either from before the head broke, or from an identical portion of it that’s still intact. And the potato head was an attempt at either replacing it, or temporarily keeping pieces of it from falling down, before an actual restoration can be made.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.