This 1970s video gives detailed advice about how to buy and prepare meat

Originally published at: This 1970s video gives detailed advice about how to buy and prepare meat | Boing Boing

1 Like

Oh, my. Flashbacks to Food Safety and Sanitation courses I took for the restaurant where I worked. Three days of it.

5 Likes

Save the liver!

5 Likes
5 Likes

What I always think of as 70’s cuisine:

3 Likes

70s? That was 50s, the Age of the Jello Mold, and I somehow lived through it. My aunt specialized in these abomination. Being raised to be a Good Little Boy I had to eat the stuff and pretend to like it. The very worst was Lima beans suspended in lime Jello, which was ironically my favorite flavor, topped with some tart, tangy, gawdawful-tasting white stuff somehow related to sour cream. Bleah.

5 Likes

Step 1: Kill a cow.

2 Likes
1 Like

50’s and 60’s harvesting the “finest” aspics (with their suspensions of belief and bananas) that AGF marketing science could foist.

And you had to be careful where it went on your plate. Next to the mashed potatoes it would melt and send green or purple syrup into the peas. I’d eat that first to avoid the “rundown” and the parental units thought I just adored it. “Bleah” is apt.

2 Likes

Brought this to mind:

6 Likes

Yeah, this puts the fun in functioning alcoholism. I’ll have one of whatever she’s been drinking plz. Or two.

Impressive! She starts right off w/ the Old '96er!

1 Like

Well, the cow was on top of the food pyramid in those days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.