This 6-year-old made $11 million on YouTube in one year

Nothing but red flags.

7 Likes

The fact that lots of little kids will watch videos of other kids playing with toys for hours on end I find totally unsurprising.
But the chief marketing officers for those antidepressant and nicotine gum paharma companies are going to be PISSED.

4 Likes

I’m a 6-year-old who made $11 million on YouTube in one year . . . let me show you how!

8 Likes

Whatever the real figures are:

There is a 6-year old making money on YouTube.

3 Likes

$11 Million? I’m such a total loser.

3 Likes

Depends whether you think that getting $11million is the same thing as deserving it, even after reading the OP.

2 Likes

Dammit. Why the hell didn’t I think of this?!?

2 Likes

This. But maybe even more, we need to rethink the world.

10 Likes

I’ll take my first $11 million any which way I can. I’ll work on deserving my second $11 million.

7 Likes

I was saying it more jokingly than anything. Though I could use $11 million. Or 1.

1 Like

I could say something like “that’s all that is wrong with modern life” but as it doesn’t affect me one jot I won’t.

Thou hast chosen wisely, Oh Invisible Hand, we praise thee. The distribution of your gifts is just and shrewd, for truly what was needed in this world was an incentive for parents to pressure their younglings into hawking plastic shit on the internet. Blessed be thy name, amen.

13 Likes

Came here to also snark and bitch, but then realized that yeah, I’m just jealous.

2 Likes

Yeah, the whole narrative of the cute kid wanting just wanting to make videos is kinda undone by the title of the “breakthrough” video: “100+ cars toys GIANT EGG SURPRISE OPENING Disney Pixar Lightning McQueen kids video Ryan ToysReview”

He came up with it himself!

3 Likes

I was too lazy to look it up yesterday but here’s the interview i mentioned with the parents of the kid. Busy atm so i can’t rewatch it but hopefully this is helpful to someone:

He’s an SEO prodigy.

4 Likes

Do people anywhere get money strictly because they deserve it, and in direct proportion to their level of deservingness? Pretty sure even kibbutzim don’t meet that standard.

1 Like

Can’t watch it at work, but I will at home. Didn’t we learn just recently that the most popular restaurant in London doesn’t actually exist? Will we ever learn?

2 Likes

Do you ever get the feeling that the antics of the major religions and those that push their messianic politics are somewhat akin to watching pro-wrestling? That’s been going through my head, lately.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t watch pro wrestling, so I’m probably not the best one to answer.