This 6-year-old made $11 million on YouTube in one year

I love when sub-Leno try-hards like DeFranco try to get into the weeds on YouTube money drama. The thirst is strong.

No, they don’t – that was my point – the movement of money rarely correlates to any measure of personal worth, other than wealth itself. Income is not, in general, a proxy for how good a person you are at all. It’s just plain false.

3 Likes

I agree. I don’t think you’ll find any adherents to the Prosperity Gospel among the ranks of the Happy Mutants. But I was more pointing out that the idea that there can be an optimal scenario where movement of money does correlate with more meaningful measures of personal worth seems to lack real-world examples. It’s an interesting philosophical construct, but as an actual, actionable goal I feel it suffers from the all too-common flaw: Those pesky humans will fuck everything up.

1 Like

Running for prez in 2048?

I don’t agree, DeFranco is a pretty levelheaded guy and he usually avoids covering youtube drama unless there’s a larger narrative or a need for a more impartial/middle-ground voice. When he did the interview on the parents for the kid they were under heavy scrutiny by other big youtubers saying they were cheating their way to the top. Which is frankly just not true.

I do think DeFranco could have asked some harder questions to the parents but overall i did not have a problem with the tone or slant of the interview. Your stance on it may differ and i respect that, but yeah i don’t agree that DeFranco is thirsty for views or attention.

Something tells me this post will be turned into a new faith… oh wait, the prosperity gospel already did that!

3 Likes

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LfRkcJ0BLS0

1 Like

wrestling-ref-knock-out

2 Likes

If you do make a video about it! :slight_smile:

You two cracked me up!

one simple trick?

I know right? I’m off to film their kid opening stuff… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s why this feels like a punch in the gut. So many struggling, things so out of balance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.