This AI-powered search engine returns movie screenshots based on keyword searches

Originally published at: This AI-powered search engine returns movie screenshots based on keyword searches | Boing Boing

2 Likes

hmm “AI powered” (which usually means some light Bayesian curve fitting), returns only about half germane screens for “banana” (just look at it) and zero for “buttocks”; before i immediately attained my “daily search limit reached!”. i’d wager two groats one might do better with a text search through the subtitles. (“Well, for a special definition of ‘do better’ perhaps”)

3 Likes

“You have reached your daily search limit.”

Seems like you can only search for very general terms, “monkey” is OK, “Sasquatch” brings up nothing.

3 Likes

Thanks for this

A NSFW result from a search for “lamp” prompted me to try “breast.” No dice.

1 Like

I love the concept. I have a great visual memory but terrible memory for names and titles. But of course I had barely refined my first search when it cut me off.

Bogus! I typed in “you’re a funny guy!” and it apparently knows nothing of Goodfellas.

Being targeted at film, I typed in “colouful unberellas france musical film” … top hit was the film I was searching in google (that is becoming progressively less useful for ‘specific’ searches year after year) and this engine failed to capture one of the most obvious film search combinations!?

Get off my lawn and get back to me two years from now and I’ll probably yell at you again! :grin:

So much potential here.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.