This app keeps all your online information safe and encrypted and keeps you from forgetting passwords

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/01/this-app-keeps-all-your-online.html

I can no longer trust BoingBoing to be an impartial purveyor of information. I’m fed up with all the selling here.

You should in fact write your password down on a piece of paper, and secure that piece of paper. We have centuries of experience securing small valuable pieces of paper, like the ones I have in my wallet right now, so it’s a known problem with a set of known solutions.

Firefox has a built in password manager and also the Lockwise app for no cost. Plus you can use NoScript and uBlock to get rid of the annoying ads.

BitWarden is a great solution that I’ve used happily for years, after fleeing the horrorshow of LastPass, and the wonky workarounds of 1Password or Keepass. BitWarden is free, open-source, cross-platform, third-party audited, and honestly a treasure in my toolbox. You can even run your own vault server, if you’re un-trusting of the encryption.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.