This armadillo playing with a stuffed animal is the cutest thing you'll see all day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/this-armadillo-playing-with-a-stuffed-animal-is-the-cutest-thing-youll-see-all-day.html

6 Likes

Armadillos are Delightful Creatures indeed!

petsqui

Life is always mesmerizing… newborn armadillo #natureisamazing
.p.s: I owe my life to armadillos, they helped developed a cure for a tropical disease that almost killed me #grateful

gifsboom
Baby armadillo.

fantasticfelicityfox
My favorite part about 1931 Dracula is that there are armadillos running around Dracula’s castle.

mllemusketeer
Apparently in the 20s and 30s, armadillos weren’t very commonly known, so moviemakers would use them wherever they needed some creepy, ‘demonic’ animal running around. So there were a lot of armadillos in early filmmaking, and it was often people’s only source of reference for armadillos.

Fast forward twenty years to when the father of the biology professor who told me this is driving out from the east coast to see his son in California. Crossing the southwest at night.

An armadillo runs across the road.

He comes to a screeching halt and the Thing Of Evil, which he never knew was actually a real animal, trots the rest of the way across the road and vanishes into the desert.

Apparently it shook him up rather a bit.

16 Likes

Cutest little vector for leprosy ever!

12 Likes

What’s crazy is - their range has increased northward into Kansas!

I’ve seen live ones, including one that I think was a baby near Wichita, and I’ve seen a couple road kills in Kansas City.

They definitely did not live around here when I was a kid.

7 Likes

They’ve got a bit of a creepy isopod vibe going for them, not sure if the cuteness overcomes that or not

And of course there’s the leprosy

2 Likes

They are all over southern KS. Saw this one in 2022 near Wichita:

5 Likes

IMG_3221

This image is too fun to not share but I so rarely get the excuse.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.