This bot-generated Coachella lineup has the best band names ever

Not to worry. The embarrassment of not knowing these bands quickly turns into bragging about your favourite bands to the nearest pal/hipster.

Some of these are pretty good band names. I especially like Postwolves.

I see some definitely convincing indie band names: Giraffics, Lab Raid, Slaw Bomb, Drunk June, Girls of Parks, Babystician, Paper Cop, the Bootleg Tims, Halfway Starch, Foodstop, Horse Choir, “I Love You, the Wait,” Goof Alibi

Punk/Metal bands: Pegged, Bowel Prank, Plaguebrag, Bushfuk, Megadeck, Skin Clump, Dryps, Starque, Cedargut, Carnal Dogs, Nam Troop (conservative metal)

Extremely niche House music sub-genres: Lard House, Gravy House

Jazz/blues performers from another dimension: Donut Shookworth, Bonky Gorman, Benmork Stramploson (Scandinavian Jazz), Bood Hooges, Jonathan Mushboy, Joey Bread, Bustles Muckson

'60s psychedelic bands: Barry Sky People, Mindlass, Mother Acid, Steven Gallweed

Rappers: Lil Hack, Empt-Ti, Bendy B, Giant N, Missie Dis Shite (female British rapper, obviously)

Electronica: Digistain, Beachfeel, Automute

Burlesque performer names: Mikki Rockets, Chesty Squiders (a Lovecraftian Burlesque act)

I know these, at least, are actual band names: Bark, Glove. I’d be surprised if some of the others weren’t as well.

2 Likes

I used to love One Of Pig. Now that everyone has heard of them and they are headlining the lineup, they really suck.

I remember when knowing the names of bands that no one had ever heard of was cool, but now it’s all been co-opted by mainstream corporate pop bands!

1 Like

I had to look in the corner of my RSS reader to check what feed it was from for exactly that reason.

I need to hear Fistopia.

1 Like

Aw, yeah!

The machines are rising, …

and they’re “more-ironic” and self-referential

than YOU.

So suck it, peeps.

1 Like

Reminds me of the band lineup written in the Illuminatus! Trilogy. I found this post that lists them all.

2 Likes

For some reason I find Slaw Bomb fucking hilarious. I don’t even like slaw.

Taking Paper Cop for my next project.

Grampman

@Papasan you never said you got the gig!

1 Like

And they’re so meta they don’t even have a self to reference. Catch up with that, meatbags!

1 Like

I’d say the happy little mutants are still ahead of the bots on this.

1 Like

Brain Gravy will not be playing Coachella this year.

2 Likes

Break out the android “Woo-girl” possie. Wooo!

(Air with hands in it! Started parties gotten, and all that …)

1 Like

1 Like

Virtual Fergie in “virtual love” (coming to a holodeck near you):

1 Like

Here’s John Titor and Cyndi Lauper to explain everything.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.