This city does not exist

Originally published at: This city does not exist | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Previously:

4 Likes

What does the heading “Gans” mean?

3 Likes
6 Likes

After a few refreshes, I’ve noticed a lot of seemingly impossible rivers in coastal cities, of all things. They’ll end in beaches or just come down out of the mountains straight into a neighborhood “delta”.

2 Likes

go_to_there

5 Likes

It’s the little details that give it away. For example, when you zoom in you see flocks of birds.

2 Likes

Is there a ThisGanDoesNotExist? I hope so.

1 Like

and the North Sea looms like a pound-shop Solaris.

Cool imagery.

It is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down
Armageddon, come Armageddon!

2 Likes

They are adversarial networks; like the Gans of New York.

5 Likes

Would you like to see my weird GAN text-to-image experimentation? If so, hit the triangle.

This is using a feature I suggested for Visions of Chaos that uses a (really tedious) method of specifying changes in direction, rotation and learning rate, plus automated text input changes. Here’s a few example lines of the dozens used in this - the numbers represent starting and ending values for the above parameters:

a lichtenstein painting of two large women arguing about the nature of time in a large shiny bubble,20,240,.022,.1,1.01,1.0.0,0,0,0,0,0
a lichtenstein painting of two large women arguing about the nature of time in a large shiny bubble,20,300,.1,.1,1.01,1.01,0,.2,0,3,0,6
a lichtenstein painting of two large women arguing about the nature of time in a large shiny bubble,20,300,.1,.1,1.01,1.03,.2,0,3,3,6,0

a paul signac painting of inuit women sliding down small rivers into a pool of overconfident purple daisies,20,240,.025,.1,1.03,1.01,0,0,3,0,0,0
a paul signac painting of inuit women sliding down small rivers into a pool of overconfident purple daisies,20,180,.1,.1,1.01,1.01,0,.5,0,4*0,-4
a paul signac painting of inuit women sliding down small rivers into a pool of overconfident purple daisies,20,300,.1,.1,1.01,1.01,.5,0,4,0,-4,0

Music: Galaxie 500

1 Like

Random data seed for image creation

5 Likes

pigeon-owned central station

laugh ron GIF

Also reminds me of…

2 Likes

This city did not exist until this month.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. That is pretty dang amazing and strange. A wonderful thing.

1 Like

That’s perfectly caught Dublin, bravo.

3 Likes

For Dublin you need to clearly show that the commercial district was built atop an original ancient settlement of enormous archeological value. I guess that goes for a lot of Eurpoean cities though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.