This-City's-Makin'-A-Comeback Bingo Card

Cleveland doesn’t have a Banksy, and the axe-throwing is at a special axe-throwing place, and wonderfully, our community gardens are used & productive. Otherwise, yeah.

1 Like

Pedal pub? I know I could look it up, but my mind conjured up a bar with spinning cycles instead of barstools, and you had to pedal to pour the beer.

ETA: looked it up. Are these seasonal? (picturing hardy men braving any weather to drink on the streets.)

6 Likes

I saw that and thought similar. Unexploited business-niche: the brewpub/gym where you can work off all those calories while consuming them.

You’d need really good air exhaust and filtration, though.

6 Likes

Mostly they’re in the warmer months up here but I haven’t seen any recently. I think after a couple accidents with them they might be scarce now.

3 Likes

The world’s biggest and most well known college town is immune to being discovered by hipsters

Boston will never be cool, ever, and though it will be overrun by annoying young adults from far away every September, it will be overrun by annoying young adults from far away every September in exactly the same way it has been overrun by annoying young adults from far away every other September for the last four hundred years

6 Likes

I’d complain about Austin being ridiculously expensive (which it is), but I live in public housing. Next to the Four Seasons. Next to the river (that we insist on calling a lake). Next to the convention center which is ground zero for SXSW. So, really, I’m good.

3 Likes

I live in what is basically the end stage of this, where all the amenities exist, but a very sizeable part of the daytime population is commuting in from the remote but also-gentrifying suburbs because anything closer is unaffordable, and there’s a considerable homeless population sleeping under bridges and stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, these exist in Ann Arbor in the summer. Knew exactly what @armozel was on about. Should be a square. :unamused:

1 Like

Welp, this fits Bristol in the UK pretty well too (especially Stokes Croft). The axe throwing pub is apparently just on the way. Except our ‘regional Banksy’ is actually Banksy.
(Or it was until he fucked off to London ten years ago, presumably because Bristol was getting too gentrified.)

(or because Blue Lines got big)

2 Likes

Portland was making a comeback before it was cool.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.