This cool fungible token is made of metal and it's just 25 cents!

Originally published at: This cool fungible token is made of metal and it's just 25 cents! | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Read before posting. (Hits head on table.)

1 Like

That’s a much better description of these tokens than I got from my grade school teacher.

10 Likes

Heck, I’ll give you 50 cents for this one.

But point well taken, NFTs do seem silly. I created one anyway:

Rothko’s Basilisk

Edited: to explain that this isn’t an ad because you can’t buy it. There’s some glitchy horror involved in working with OpenSea and Metamask and I just gave up. It exists, but it will never be for sale. (Unless I get interested again somehow in figuring it out)

6 Likes

Fungisible Token

21 Likes

Nah, it’ll never catch on.

10 Likes

it’s just 25 cents!

So two bits then…

8 Likes

snl-kenan-face-what

7 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

But…but… it’s a fiat token not something substantial and tangible with real value like Bitc… oh.

16 Likes

For a shave and a hair cut… though i recommend getting them all cut…

8 Likes

Personally i think it means you can fill it with fungus…

1 Like

Fits in your pocket! Easily transferable! Accepted at most US stores!

6 Likes

State mandated violence is a pretty good tether, go figure

3 Likes

My cousin a few years ago: “So have you been saving the US State quarters?”

Me: " No I just throw them away. Are they valuable?"

5 Likes

… So I’ve been doing things like working around the house, building stuff, and dealing with work shenanigans for the past couple weeks.

WHAT THE FRUIT is a ‘fungible token’, and why are people throwing that term around like there’s no tomorrow?

EDIT: ok, did some googling on NFTs; Oy vey. Neat idea, let’s see how well it works out. and fungible tokens? y’all are kidding, right?

NFTs are used for different things than currency. Calling one better than the other indicates a basic lack of understanding of this. Though this is a funny joke.

NFTs are not cryptocurrency.

listen jurassic park GIF by Spotify

2 Likes

Any numismatist can tell you this is patently untrue.

3 Likes