This cordless Dremel clone is so cheap you can buy an extra and use it as a milk frother

Is it UL listed?

So, like Qi or USB chargeable power tools that are going to perform on 8oz. servings? Only they also have an air power (as in 20-90psi) fitting?

Is this a bad place to ask how to repair an HDMI cable that got stepped on? Conductors go 1:1 I understand, but lacking any hint other than a bend to the connector projection… So trace rigs called X and signal rigs called Y plus a bespoke unbender technique? (And spares?)

2 Likes

Hey, me too(the sewing machine foot pedal)! Much more control right at your fingertips(er…toes…) the moment you need it.
I got that hook up from my husband and haven’t gone back.

I’m working on a project with little plastic gears, and one of them I need to carve the center out to make it fit into another plastic piece. I wonder if this would be sufficient for that?

Is it lucrative being Dremel’s trademark attorney?

1 Like

Huh. Mine aren’t like that at all.

I’ve owned a bunch of calipers over the years. Some good and some crap. I’ve finally settled on having two kinds of calipers kicking around: >$100 units (mitutoyo/starrett - carefully put away in their case) and plastic $1 vernier calipers, now somehow at the bottomed of every drawer.

All cheap digital calipers I’ve owned ate their batteries in just a few months. It seems like they’re always dead. AVE covered this problem in a youtube video a while back. If the tacklife digital calipers are different in this regard, then I’m interested to know about it.

That our favourite way of mixing nut butter. :+1:

No shame there!

1 Like

I don’t think it needs UL listing. That’s really about things that plug in the wall. They avoid that by using USB to power it. If it includes a USB supply, they can just buy one off the shelf.

1 Like

Promo code doesn’t work, neither do 14 Honey codes.

I personally wouldn’t buy a Dremel branded tool. Not unless there is a significant discount. I have a cheapo, off-brand generic version of rotary tool. After using that one I decided to buy a Proxxon Micromont 50/E mill/drill that runs on 12 volts. Fantastic price to quality ratio. Especially when you build your own power source (that is where they get your money) - non-stabilized rectified 12V transformer (just one bridge - 4 diodes, no capacitor).

By the way, after my post they changed the heading of the article to include word “clone”. Thank you Mark Frauenfelder.

Tacklife sends customers to Amazon. At Amazon:
"Currently unavailable.
We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock."

There is no price listed. Archive.org does not have the Amazon page archived. Amazon lists similar products. Digging into the page code, my best guess is that it was listed as $19.99.

The code also includes a comment ASCI duck that says MEOW. (-_^)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.