This cyclist records videos of road ragers and posts them to YouTube

Goddamn cycling topics!

There’s a reason our rate category is defined as “politics, religion, and cycling”.

Debate the argument, not the poster. Flagging opinions you disagree with will fail.

Assume good faith in replies (or flag them). A huge problem in online discourse is the idea that “this person’s opinion is so clearly against mine that it must be in bad faith”. That is not how you debate a topic. That’s how you polarize one.

This is not a topic about any one mutant (well, save the subject of the post, that is). That also means the post is not about you.

Be cool. If you can’t do that, don’t post in this topic.

Goddamn cycling topics!

12 Likes

There is another very valid reason to do this: curbs, berms, and road edges are dangerous for two-wheels vehicles because if you get too close you can’t steer away from them without steering into them first. The far side of a road is also where you get puddles, gratings and covers, leaves or other rubbish, and kind of other hazards. Stay Clear!

1 Like

Certainly! I’m remembering a time I was riding outside of Austin, TX leaving town on state route 1826. It’s a two-lane road with a shoulder only as wide as the border stripe marking the edge of the thoroughfare, and a pretty steep drop off the side. Car drivers could clearly see my situation, but chose to blast me with their horns all the same. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.