This driver towing a boat made a poor decision resulting in the loss of his boat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/13/this-driver-towing-a-boat-made.html

5 Likes

4 Likes

Weight distribution is important…

40 Likes

It was a loose nut behind the wheel.

Never gets old…

25 Likes

Looks to me the dumbass just bought the boat and has no idea how to drive with a trailer. Still has dealer license plate.

tempsnip

Good thing too…if he drives like that on land just imagine the douchebaggery on the water.

29 Likes

(grumbles. goddamned fizzboaters.)

2 Likes

you can really see this in action…the little bit of wiggle from changing lanes just amplifies with every oscillation until he can’t control it.

wondering, would slowing down once he felt it tugging back and forth have helped?

5 Likes

That makes it even more tragic.

3 Likes

The boat never saw a drop of water, sad sad sad.

7 Likes

Don’t speed when towing. And certainly don’t try to pass when towing right when the road narrows.

13 Likes

100 + km/h and passing other people. What an idiot.

Reminds me of heading home to Duluth from Minneapolis on friday nights. The same morons passing me at 70+ mph whether they are towing a fishing boat or a snowmobile trailer - and then cutting in front of you forgetting they have another 25 feet behind their truck. Saw many off them in the ditches on the side of I35, but never saw them wobble like this

11 Likes

Police Officer: “Ma’am, does your husband always drive recklessly like this?”
Wife: “Oh no Officer. Only when he’s been drinking.”

23 Likes

Lesson: Obey the “No Wake” signs.

12 Likes

Yes, but it’s all in moderation. You can’t slam on the brakes for the same reason - you’ll amplify the forces.

14 Likes

I once witnessed a guy towing a boat on a trailer zip across 4 lanes of traffic when the highway split in southern Massachusetts. He apparently forgot that he was towing his boat. Since I was 4 or 5 car lengths back, I made it through completely unscathed, but only just. All of the cars between me and him were not so lucky.

9 Likes

Looks to me the dumbass just bought the boat and has no idea how to drive with a trailer. Still has dealer license plate.

Not to Zapruder this to an extreme, but I think those are the mud flaps. There is another on the right side as well. Also if you look close, there appears to be mud/mold on the rollers witch would indicate some previous use.

11 Likes

My dad had this start to happen with a tree chipper that was just a liitttllleee too heavy for the truck towing it. But he was able to get it under control and nothing bad happened.

He is an ace with driving with a boat trailer and backing up.

4 Likes

“I was just driving along with my empty boat trailer when this boat suddenly came up alongside me and rammed me off the road.”

8 Likes

As a boat lover, watching this hurts.

5 Likes

giphy

4 Likes