Truck with oversize load scrapes against overpass

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/18/truck-with-oversize-load-scrap.html

6 Likes

Concrete rubble falls all over the car.

=>Turns ON the windscreen wiper.

17 Likes

May be automated wipers?

1 Like

For what it’s worth: google_maps [shakes fist at the Gilmore Diversion?]

(with various light industrial businesses just to the north all expecting their tank to arrive ready to be pressurized to fifteen atmospheres)

8 Likes

That’s not far from me. Just drove that road over the weekend.

1 Like

My cat has the same problem with her cat door, except horizontally. She’s a fuzzy chub.

11 Likes

MainroadLMainland notified, if they didn’t already know; the load looks like It might be a big brewery tank?! Or some other tank…maybe someone knows

1 Like

Just like Corey Feldman said in “License To Drive”, don’t worry I can buff that out.

1 Like

Looks like a chemical process vessel or storage tank of some sort. Estimate a million bucks or less purchase price. If it was a rates pressure vessel, it isn’t any longer, at least until some engineer(s) decide to sign off and it is pressure tested again.

8 Likes

That driver was following way too close. They’re lucky nothing heavier dislodged.

19 Likes

That was my first thought, too. Reminded me of stories like this:

4 Likes

“…but I have a feeling it’s expensive.”

Not anymore.

6 Likes

My partner saw some discussion about this earlier. If you watch, you notice how the truck driver is desperately trying to lanechange over to safety, but cars aren’t letting him in. Jerks. :confused:

1 Like

lower the road?? /s

4 Likes

Or Skipolli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High:" Don’t worry, my dad is a TV repairman, he has an awsome set of tools."

4 Likes

I’m a little too nuts about close following; it’s just such a recipe for disaster. My kids are only 14 and 3 and they’ve already heard years of, um, instruction on the subject.

6 Likes

This is one of the weirdest things about the psychology of driving. You can always just stop, but people rarely do.

4 Likes

Can’t be too careful. My mom used to play a “what-if” game with us when teaching my brothers and me how to drive. We’d give trucks a wide berth after hearing something like, “What if something fell off that truck in front of us? Do you think you’d have enough time to move before it goes through the windshield?”

11 Likes

This could just be my anthem while driving… :racing_car:
I have very few passengers (note, I do drive nicely when it is the family. :minibus:)

I’d like to get a dashcam but there would be way too much of me singing along to the radio and talking to the other drivers. If I had been driving that car there would have been about 20 solid seconds of cussin’ (JFC, WTF, HFS, etc.). I’m amazed the guy didn’t make a peep.

4 Likes