This durable cork-handled umbrella has style to spare

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/27/this-durable-cork-handled-umbr.html

1 Like

Oooh! Ten percent off $65

Seems like a lot to pay for an umbrella I’m extremely likely to leave for someone else on the subway…

7 Likes

I may have one of your umbrellas…

4 Likes

If you paid $59 for your umbrella, maybe you’d be less careless with it?

2 Likes

You might think that, but short of tethering it to my wrist like a suitcase full of diamonds, nuh-uh.

2 Likes

Umbrellas should be rainbow colored. That is all.

4 Likes

But it has an “anodized aluminum steel shaft”. Like adamantium and vibranium, such exotic alloys aren’t found on dollar-store bumbershoots.

8 Likes

I do that with a glass of Whiskey, safety is job number one.

3 Likes

My wife and I both have Blunt XS Metro umbrellas from New Zealand. They run about $75 CDN and won’t get destroyed in a windstorm - to the point that they have a 2-year guarantee. They also have rounded protectors on the rib tips so you don’t blind passersby.
I’ve never misplaced one because they’re so easy to store. Collapse it, store it in the drip sleeve and you’re good to go.

3 Likes

This is why I like the Boing Boing shop nearly every product they sell someone ends up suggesting a better version in the comments.

9 Likes

Doubles as a stopper for wine bottles.

hecepbrella

6 Likes

Sorry, but the likelihood of losing an umbrella is directly proportional to its cost. I think was determined by one of those Nobel (economics) winners.

4 Likes

I’ve developed a liking for those big-ass golf umbrellas. Yes, they can be cumbersome at times but they’re big enough for my honey and me to share in a rainstorm.

1 Like

How my gal and I first got close.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.