This extreme close-up of a snail devouring a strawberry looks like a creature from outer space (video)

Originally published at: This extreme close-up of a snail devouring a strawberry looks like a creature from outer space (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

The collapsing eye stalks, while very effective at protecting the tiny eye specks, are what I found most unusual in this video.

Not that I can relate to being a squishy walnut with a beak, but the sensation of your eye sinking into itself must be trippy.

10 Likes

Yeah, I always just cover mine with a hairy flap and stare at the inside of my own head flesh.

9 Likes

I like the part at 0:52 where it looks like it’s rolling its eyes in satisfaction. I get you, snail. Strawberries are fucking awesome.

5 Likes

If you loved this … check out Microcosmos

Microcosmos Trailer

6 Likes

Microcosmos is a wonderful documentary. I’m so glad I bought it!

3 Likes

My dad dragged me to a lot of boring art/documentary movies as a kid, but Microcosmos in the theater was next level awesome. That movie changed me, and the theme song lives permanently in my head. Definitely impossible to see snails the same way after it in particular.

5 Likes

agreed — totally changed by it! music and visual imagery were perfect.

3 Likes

Just realizing now that I think I’ve been obsessed with photographing miniature landscapes for nigh on 30 years because of that movie.

6 Likes

… I’m not sure why everybody seems to think that molluscs are space aliens

5 Likes

When the Stars are RIGHT!

5 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

2 Likes

Can’t stand the editing. Cuts away before you can get a good look at anything, in order to “artfully” shift the viewpoint and sync with the music.
Fails to document its subject.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.