This gentleman's first response is to beat up Chat GPT

Originally published at: This gentleman's first response is to beat up Chat GPT | Boing Boing

1 Like

Good for him

4 Likes

8 Likes

Humans 1, Robots 0. Let’s keep it that way!

Alternative comment: He’s lucky that thing wasn’t built by Boston Dynamics.

10 Likes

This video has a slightly staged air about it. If some dude suddenly decided to assault my carefully constructed robot I wouldn’t just stand there and keep filming.

7 Likes

While I don’t support the use of violence like this gentleman did, I wonder if the robots use of the Academese phase “engage in conversation”-instead of plainer words like talk/discuss/chat-triggered him. I know that when I hear such pseudo-sophisticated language, I cringe a bit :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Clicks, hits, whatever… :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Do you also reach for your revolver when you hear the word culture?

9 Likes

Wow, just wow.

No, I’m gun owner. But I don’t believe the language that had been re-done as a loss to “leave their mark” and “sound intelligent”.

I ask you this: what’s clearer and less wordy: “Let’s talk.” or “Let’s engage in conversation.” The latter is needlessly flowery and self-aggrandizing.

Lee

Yes, god forbid people use words… tool of the devil really…

7 Likes

Sure, blame the robot victim.

If you lack the capacity to engage in conversation you probably lack the necessary capacity for gun ownership.

5 Likes

“You wouldn’t hit an AI with glasses, would you?”

I can think of many things more needless and self-aggrandising than having a verbose style. For example, signing an Internet forum comment.

Best,
T. Gracchus
[Dictated not read]

7 Likes

slightly

That’s like saying people have a slight need to breath every day.

This video was HIGHLY staged. I can tell by the pixels.

5 Likes

Pseudo-sophisticated? Why are you putting fancy Greek words in your plain talking, partner?

6 Likes

You didn’t see Philly complaining about Hitchbot’s diction. We know that’s pretentious.

6 Likes

If it wasn’t staged, then that dude needs to be taken off the street. His reaction was totally uncalled for.

3 Likes

Pretty much a jerk reaction to an obvious joke. He could have had a lot more fun playing the game.

This was filmed on Congress Ave in downtown Austin. The area boasts a heady mix of tech bros, bankers, state office workers, construction workers, and all the tweakers in town – like the fine gentleman in this video.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.