This is (allegedly) the original Star Wars Episode IX plot by Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly

It bothers me that no one in the new trilogy loses a limb. Come on, why are the writers and directors helicopter-parenting the millennial actors here?

2 Likes

They battle and Poe, Finn, Rose, Rey, and BB-8 STEAL A STAR DESTROYER (Eclipse-class) and escape.

This part kind of lost me. Five people steal a Star Destroyer (and according to Wookieepedia, Eclipse-class is basically a SUPER Super Star Destroyer)? Why didn’t Han, Luke, Chewie, Ben, Leia and the droids just hijack the Death Star in A New Hope, if it’s that easy?

1 Like

I’ve read worse fanboy drivel, though I’ve learned to avoid it. Mostly I don’t care about Star Wars anymore. Last Jedi ended it for me with a nauseating whimper.

3 Likes

That nonsense has already been debunked. I wouldn’t put any more faith in this “script.” Frankly I’m surprised BoingBoing is stooping to Reddit as a source.

1 Like

no offense, but would you mind to share your wisdom? a source, maybe?

2 Likes

Yeah I keep comparing it with Back To The Future, which, while it was probably written in two goes, still seems very coherent.

@OWYAC

and as for Poe; why even was Poe?

Poe and Fin are Han Solo. For the last three movies they just split him into two characters. Fin is the guy who keeps changing his mind and running off. Poe is the hotshot pilot who never listens.

1 Like

Lucasfilm people have been rolling their eyes at it on Twitter, but it also contains obvious falsehoods. (E.g. it says all the Jedi voices were actually filmed in costume so they could appear as ghosts, but one of the actors confirmed she just did voice work.) The Abrams cut is what we saw on-screen.

Wow. This sounds so much better than what was actually made.Episodes 7 & 9 are what happens when JJ Abrams enters his own portal in “Being JJ Abrams.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.