This is every Trader Joe’s employee

Mrs Peas came home with a bag of these recently. They were pretty amazing. No idea where she got them, though.

https://nuts.com/snacks/corn-nuts/half-popped.html

ETA: Ok, that stupid video almost made me cry, so you better like this comment!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

That’s kind of how bread works. Bakeries sell day old bread for like 75% off.

2 Likes

That is why you sometimes see Joe’s pralines at Aldi’s in Germany but not in the US, I guess.

1 Like

Yep. Two different branding schemes, and here in the US Aldi stores are considered a discount grocery, while Trader Joe’s is a wonderland. Part of that social capital is left over from when Trader Joe’s was a weird little niche store that sent out weird booklets about their foods for sale.

6 Likes

I’m not talking about store bakery bread, which you’re right, bakery bread does have a shorter shelf life, I’m talking about the bread that’s akin to Aunt Millie’s or Pepperidge Farms, and even the bagels, which tend to have a longer shelf life than store bakery bread. But it’s not just the bread, other perishables at Trader Joes, like their dairy products tend to have a shorter shelf-life too. The heavy cream is a good deal, but there’s only a few days to use it.

1 Like

I think this article proves you wrong.

Or it says exactly what you just said.

I’m not sure which, and I don’t want to read it again.

1 Like

Missing the “I haven’t tried this one yet is it any good? You don’t know? I’m sure it’s delicious”

1 Like

Good bread lasts one day. Buy smaller loaves.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issues with “Show full post”

Ralph’s market cashier from a few years ago, commenting on our purchase of bottled clam juice: “What do you do with this?”

That’s some consolation… unless…

My introduction to a TJ’s product was courtesy of a SoCal native… a workplace friend. Gotta try 'em, he said.

My blueberry muffins were lousy with weevils.

1 Like

It gets weirder when it’s your Uber driver doing that while picking your grocery bags from the trunk

No, it doesn’t, because

It does.

You don’t have to. :smile:

5 Likes

Wow.

A lot of overly bitter TJ customers…

Face it: he’s just not that into you! Move on.

2 Likes

That’s better than weevily with louses, eh? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Dark chocolate covered edamame is the discontinued item I’ll always hold against them.

2 Likes

My Aldi’s experience is actually the mirror image. When I was there stocking up on a bunch of one of their occasional items (frozen chicken breasts with pepper jack cheese and bacon) I was raving to the cashier "These are just as good as they sound, I really wish that y’all stocked them all the time.:

2 Likes

Our grocery list has a permanent item called “middle freezer?”
Now that they’ve remodeled, it’s an end freezer, but the item still remains. It’s a surprise every time. Stone-baked margarita pizza, apple-caramel strudel, frozen seasoned meats - they’re there once, maybe next year you’ll get the seasonal items - and hey! there are strudels again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.