This is seriously some next-level dog training right here

forgive me for the meatheaded question, but i must know. does this substitute smell register for potent strains of weed as well?

…'cause they also smell like skunk, is why i’m asking :P

1 Like

Why yes, now that you mention it, there is a resemblance!

1 Like

This game aspect can be used to train.

I have heard it or something like it called “free shaping” canine behavior, and Darren Peterson in Austin put it in his blog so it’s on my radar. He runs his own circus: Circus Chickendog with, yeah, primarily dog-performers… but he’s in there himself with his trained macaw, his accordion, unicycle, juggling (usually those last two at the same time) and story telling. I recently found out he had been taking classes from noted trainer Karen Pryor: http://chickendog.net/2013/06/20/karen-pryor-class-cueing-assignment/ .

All his shows are entertaining, and he puts in a lot of time with his animals. As an adult, I find it fascinating he can get those animals to do as much as they do in front of an audience. Just wow. Such training! He’s been at this gig, Circus Chickendog, for over a decade. The shows keep getting better.

All his dogs are rescues, so please don’t think he’s got some special superbreed perfectly suited to circus life. He uses no negative reinforcement. He’s been learning more and more about what does work, and his circus act speaks for itself. I hope he’s doing the xmas-themed dog ballet “Mutt-Cracker” this year. I missed last year’s and I hear it was a hoot!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.