This is the winner of the official Prize for Oddest Book Title of the Year

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/this-is-the-winner-of-the-official-prize-for-oddest-book-title-of-the-year.html

3 Likes

I must admit, the “Illustrated History of Lawn Mowers” does intrigue me.

4 Likes

“How to Make Love to a Despot”: First of all, make sure the $130k check clears.

2 Likes

“Amateurs.” —Chuck Tingle

7 Likes

Initially, I thought that said “Oldest Book Title…”
Read the title and thought, yeah, that fits

2 Likes

Introducing the Medieval Ass?

middle ages fun GIF by Kajetan Obarski

or…

indie game donkey GIF by Yaza Games

2 Likes

Have we been misunderstanding Marsellus Wallace all this time?

Dog Pissing is a terrific title-- begin with intrigue, and explain it with the subhead. But it does sound a little specialized.
“Classical Antiquity” is a bit odd, but straightforward. A nice change from faux medievalism.
“Lawnmowers:” It does exactly what it says on the tin. Or perhaps not. I don’t expect that we’ll have very many lawnmower books, but it’s not very memorable. Analogously, suppose you discover “Shoes an illustrated history.” It’s wrapped in cellophane–or sold on line. Is it a picture book, or a cultural history? Have you read it before?

“The slaughter of farm animals”: very straightforward. Now you know what Temple Grandin does for a living. Moving on
“How to Make Love to a Despot”: This is a great title. Is is “Romance”? Political Science? A Memoir? I’m mildly intrigued.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.