This is your chance get in on 38 of this week’s absolute best deals

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/07/this-is-your-chance-get-in-on.html

BB Store victorious,

overwhelmed,
submits…
2 Likes

Y’know, making these posts ridiculously long and stacking twelve of them on the front page has the opposite effect from making me ever want to put down a single dollar for a single item sold in them.

9 Likes

Not even for the ballgag?

4 Likes

Seriously get a POC on staff or something RE: the image used for the thermal scanner ad. Graphics dude deliberately constructed the image, someone prepped the ad, and someone posted it without seeing anything off (in June 2020 of all times)

6 Likes

@frauenfelder Can’t you just prefix these posts with “SHOP: “ or something? At the very least. I mean i’d prefer to not see them at all but I understand you have bills to pay. But sliding them into your normal content just doesn’t sit right.

1 Like

I know the rent needs to be paid, but many of the things in this selection were priced at between 2 to 5 times the price I would expect to pay. Even after the alleged (and meaningless because most are not ever sold at the alleged original price) reductions.

That stupid stick thing for poking at stuff is STILL 10x the price you can get it direct, which is still much, much more expensive than, well, a stick.

3 Likes

Kasa has several smart plugs with that form factor. The store doesn’t tell us which model this is. I’m guessing it’s the HS103P2 because it’s packaged as a pair. If so, they can’t handle more than 12 amps and you can’t use them to switch a 15-amp space heater. (The HS105 handles 15 amps but isn’t sold in pairs.)

The HS103P2 plugs are available at Amazon for one-third of this price. But I prefer the Sonoff S20 smart plug. It’s the only one I could find that lets me specify the state of the switch when it comes back after a power failure.

Are you fucking kidding me

5 Likes

Just terrible value prices there, current price on AZ is $17.99 for two

That’s what I’m saying and it’s been up there over a day now…

2 Likes

Maybe we should all flag it as inappropriate.

2 Likes

I’m pulling it down now.

4 Likes