This "Microsoft Redesigns the iPod Packaging” is a timeless classic

I have an iPod mini and three shuffles. All of them are non working, they won’t charge. I’ve tried various chargers, probably the batteries. They got really heavy use for years.

2 Likes

Fair enough - mine all had irregular use so batteries mostly seem fine. My other half did replace the batteries on a couple of hers, but I suspect that was as much for the fun of the tinkering as absolute necessity. The world is full of spare iPods, though.

True story: I have in my posession an iMac 27 that a previous employer paid to have converted to a touchscreen. It’s a travesty, and the modification takes away one of the three USB ports on the back of the machine. The worst feature is the plastic overlay on the screen that manages to ruin both the brightness and clarity of the display. It also cost $$$$. Where there’s sufficient demand, someone will find a way to supply.

2 Likes

As long as we’re talking about touch screens.

My wife’s laptop has a touchscreen but only because it was all the rage the year we bought it. It never gets used.

After my dad had his stroke he had a hard time with the mouse so I bought him a large touch screen to attach to his Windows computer. It worked well for him for opening things but moving things around or selecting for copying was not that easy but it did help him when he couldn’t quite get the mouse pointer where he wanted it.

I inherited that monitor but I never hooked up the touch part, it is a nice big monitor.

2 Likes

You’re thinking of Keynote aren’t you?

God I hate the iPhoneification of that program.

1 Like

This.

There are so many things that used to be easy in Keynote that are now either harder to do or just gone completely, all in the name of making it work “the same way” everywhere. Bleh.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 86

The idea of binding the blue mouse button to a context sensitive menu was a later innovation.

1 Like

I have ~15 older Sansas of various types all still working, all running Rockbox, because I (correctly) feared that the dedicated audio player was on the way to extinction.

With a 400gb SDXC card on board, I have never had to delete a tune, a podcast or an audiobook to make room for anything else. A tiny bluetooth transmitter plugged into the earphone jack makes the Sansa compatible with just about any playback device. And even though the battery life on a couple of them is dropping to the 8-10 hour range, a lipstick-sized battery pack with a shortie USB cable is quite pocketable.

I hope to still be listening via these devices on the day before I die. I’m quite serious.

3 Likes

Aww yiss. Rockbox on a Sansa clip was my music player for years. I eventually gave up and started to listening to music on my phone, but only after WinAmp for Android was available. Then I moved to foobar2000. It’s the only music player software I’ve been able to find for Android that even comes close to Rockbox.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.