This neon banana costs $69

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/30/this-neon-banana-costs-69.html

1 Like

You failed to say ‘just look at it’!

27 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Pairs perfectly with
JUST LOOK AT IT.

3 Likes

Came here for this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Michael, there’s always money in the banana… light? No, that doesn’t work.

By the way, there’s also some wonderful lighting art on Etsy if no one has checked that out. Folks are doing really fabulous crafts work on there these days.

3 Likes

“Just look at it nicely?”
“Nice! Just look at it?”
“Just look nicely at it?”

3 Likes

So it’s one of those “electrical bananas” that Donovan sings about?

5 Likes

6 Likes

(Am I doing it right?)

3 Likes

send $69.00 amazon link for this one too

The figure is $89.99. Same link as the banana, different option.

And that’s free.

1 Like

I’m having difficulty comprehending the size of the light without a reference for scale

3 Likes

The propagator of that meme has long since left the building.

3 Likes

Too close.

1 Like

This one seems more appropriate to 2020:

5 Likes

If you like that, and also deal well with mixed messages, there’s someone at my local hardware store you should probably meet.

6 Likes

Saying “Just look at it” is required, per the glossary

7 Likes

The glossary that you wrote (and then the thread closed)? Right. Not a requirement for BoingBoing editors, though, is it. (Not a bad start at a glossary, either.)

I’m not saying we shouldn’t always just look at it, though. I was just noting that the originator and propagator of that meme has left BoingBoing and clearly none of the remaining editors feel obliged to continue the tradition.

So when @mstrohb accused the author of failing to say it, I suspect the rebuke will be ignored. We do indeed have to keep the tradition alive ourselves, instead. And props to mstrohb for doing that.

1 Like