This new tabletop RPG by Native designers shows what an uncolonized North America might look like

Well, some games primarily use d20s, some use all of them, some use other dice. Some use no dice at all. It all depends on what the designer thinks will work best for their vision of how the game’s going to work. It’s unusual to use the d12 as your base mechanic, but without seeing the actual game, it’s hard to say how it’ll work…

1 Like

Tricky. They died out ~12,000 years ago, and if they hadn’t, their existence would have wiped away the known pre-colonization history.

With horses and horse-power, the Olmecs, Mayans and Aztecs would have been completely different just for starters. The whole Guns, Germs, and Steel outcome would have been completely different too.

2 Likes

Maybe you’ve read this excellent story?

https://apex-magazine.com/welcome-to-your-authentic-indian-experience/

4 Likes

It is a new system designed for this game. The kickstart campaign gives a pretty good overview. There are also a few threads on rpg.reddit.com that dig into the systems math.

1 Like

Side-thanks :slight_smile:
A person can pick up so many good book recommendations here on the BB

1 Like

Thank you. I was thinking about this short story last night. It is very sad and very clever.

2 Likes

You´re welcome. De nada!

books, movies, cartoons, sites etc.

That is what makes me stay here. Oh yes, and a chance to exercise my skills in english language.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.