This Paul Bunyan-style Muffler Man did not disappoint

Originally published at: This Paul Bunyan-style Muffler Man did not disappoint | Boing Boing

6 Likes

We still had one in Wichita, last I checked. His eyes even used to light up at night.

It’s a toss-up for popularity there, because for a long time Joe’s Car Wash in the Delano area (once only a subdivision) had one of those mechanical men that waved a sign in front of passerby. Ours was Superman.

9 Likes

We have one near us. His name is Greg E Normous at a miniature golf place.

9 Likes

The carnage begins here!

5 Likes

012304|nullxnull

10 Likes

unless it’s cold out. but then i suppose a mere scarf would suffice

3 Likes

There’s a lumberjack in Tucson at Stone and Glenn, in the parking lot of Don’s Hot Rod Shop. It sometimes gets a Santa hat and candy cane in December. Someone built a masonry base with wrought iron fence around the base to protect it. I’m amazed that the hot rod shop is still here. We frequented that place in the seventies as teen drag racers!

8 Likes

oooh next time I’m driving that way I’ll stop! thanks!

2 Likes

@LowlyWorm2022, you might find this of interest…

And here is the guy’s youtube channel!

A truly wonderful thing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Paul Bunyan and Babe at the TREES OF MYSTERY! Klamath, CA. He can turn his head and talk via a hidden speaker.

4 Likes

Saw this one off of I-405 very near to where the Goodyear Blimp is kept, and near LAX.

(It used to sport a golf club and outfit, but the golf course was removed due to the long drought, and replaced with a race track.)

Edit: Google Maps Street View Link (Noting the blurred face.)

3 Likes

As someone about to visit the US for the first time in October (and spending a lot of time roadtripping) this post is invaluable! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Is this the Cable version of Mufflerman?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.