This pocket-sized printer syncs to your phone to print photos and more instantly

Originally published at: This pocket-sized printer syncs to your phone to print photos and more instantly | Boing Boing

product_284747_product_shots5

So, you can use it to make small, expensive black and white prints that aren’t really even black and white, more like darkish grey and white? :thinking:

(It should be embarrassing to market a black and white printer who’s blacks are less black than the phone LCD screen next to it, than the black decoration on the printer, and the model’s brown hair…)

Presumably it also adds printer noises to your pocket as well.

Can I choose between bi-directional dot matrix, daisy wheel, and ink jet printer sounds? I think I could excuse the poor print quality more if there were some retro qualities to the printer rather than just that vague chicken theming.

2 Likes

Give them time: They might find a valid use case for it one day.

Printing photos yourself is hardly ever a good idea. Expensive, environmentally unfriendly and ink that fades in record times.

inkjet gives quite nice results when they’re just off the printer, but most consumer inkjet inks fade really quickly

T2V

4 Likes

I am sure the cost ownership is higher due proprietary refills, but you can get an HP Sprocket for about the same price and print color. Which seems infinity more desirable than black and white on thermal paper at least when it comes to printing photos from your phone with a pocket size printer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.