This portable laptop charger keeps your most power-hungry devices alive for hours

Originally published at: This portable laptop charger keeps your most power-hungry devices alive for hours | Boing Boing

giphy

1 Like

It’s an intriguing device with some bothersome quirks. From the manufacturer’s web site:

It accepts US-style three-prong AC power plugs. That’s a safety problem: the ground pin is not connected to a ground.

The web site says the AC output “can power an iron”. That’s nonsense. The average iron requires 1100 watts. If you plug in an iron, the battery’s circuit break will immediately trip. Likewise, it won’t power a coffee maker, which is my first concern when I wake up in a house without power.

The USB-C port is said to implement Quick Charge 3.0. The USB-C spec forbids that. My guess is that it actually implements Quick Charge 4.0 which is based on USB-PD, but I would want to know for sure before splashing out any cash.

1 Like

Maybe a very small curling iron, but I guess they would have said that instead. 85W output, so just over 0.75 amps for a little over an hour. Theres a pretty short list of devices it could power.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.