This Rejuvenique Electric Facial Mask would make the perfect costume for any horror film

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2022/03/04/this-rejuvenique-electric-facial-mask-would-make-the-perfect-costume-for-any-horror-film.html

2 Likes

Bit of a “horror film” in terms of function too. Most of these sorts of scams actually do nothing; the better to keep any consumer regulatory agency from waking up. This mask actually delivered shocks to the face (ref#8 here). There are (apparently) legitimate uses for “TENS” but just shocking your face muscles for the presumptive purpose of “beauty” ain’t one of them, sez this old biased one.

1 Like

Oh, cool. I was wondering what these masks were in the background of this video.

What could possible go wrong?

2 Likes

Oh, they have stuff now (like the Omnilux red LED facemask ) which makes the wearer look like an extra from Logan’s Run. While that may sound regressive, in my mind, thats actually progress I want to be part of!

/I know, that makes me sound old. Because it’s true :wink:

3 Likes

The guys at Found Footage Festival are obsessed with their Rejuvenique. They use it as a punishment device on their youtube show. Check em out!

3 Likes

surely if Tom Cruise found it useful…

1 Like

The idea of scary facial masks was also explored in this tweet by Lisa Gilroy who has been featured in BoingBoing before:

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.