This SUV is headed to the lunar surface to act like "UPS for the moon"

Originally published at: This SUV is headed to the lunar surface to act like "UPS for the moon" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Solving that last mile problem is always a challenge.

Seriously, are there current thinkings that would lead to a lot of traffic on the moon? So that a delivery service is needed.

5 Likes

man that thing looks top-heavy (“Even at 1/6th gravity?”). i hope it’s easily righted by folks wearing spacesuits (“mooooon drift drifting!”)

3 Likes

Those wheels look awfully small for the ultimate offroad run.

2 Likes

Just don’t throw the package too hard over the fence, UPS delivery person. We don’t want it to escape the moon’s gravitational field. :man_shrugging:

And you know, once there’s Moon UPS, there’s gonna be Space Porch Pirates.

5 Likes

Band Name!!

7 Likes

SUV

Selenian Utility Vehicle?

2 Likes

Meanwhile, as technology and human ingenuity make amazing things possible on distant planets, I regularly see amazon delivery people dragging their bins through my neighborhood without wheels… like no dolly or cart, literally just dragging the big container of boxes down the sidewalk… (I never get a chance to get my phone out to film this and prove it happens but I swear it does all the time. Is it just here?)

3 Likes

Needs more gold

I’m not a physicist, but that thing looks especially top-heavy in 1/6 gravity. Watch your cornering, space rangers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.