This tiny wearable can help you have better posture in 2020

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/04/this-tiny-wearable-can-help-yo.html

This plus a Fitbit are the ingredients for a pleasant day.

1 Like

Throw in an Apple Watch nagging you to get up and walk around every few minutes.

3 Likes

Just make a soundbyte of your mum telling you to sit up straight and have your computer play it to you at random intervals.

12 Likes
8 Likes

Or, you could just binge on crystal meth if you miss that sensation of insects crawling on your body

4 Likes

OK, say you;re a woman, you;re riding on a crowded bus or subway car. This thing starts buzzing, you suddenly sit up straight.

Where do your neighbors think you are wearing a buzzing device, especially when you don’t immediately look at your phone?

2 Likes

4 ads out of the first 6 posts, and that’s with adblocker, not too shabby.

15 Likes

… my idea of hell.

7 Likes

I don’t need one of those. Thanks anyway. I’m cool.

6 Likes

“Tommy” (after 1:03) looks like a young Ethan Hawke.

I know I’ve heard that narrator before, but can’t place it… (no credits on IMDB and couldn’t read them in the video)

1 Like

Isn’t this just a re-purposed sleep warning device?

5 Likes

I believe he also read the ads for Signal Go-Farther Gasoline on the Whistler. If it’s him, his voice appears quite a bit from the 40s to the 70s, but I can’t remember his name.

1 Like

Wow this costs $100!

Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitors are $60.
What type of gyroscope are they putting in these things?

1 Like

No no, it’s a series of tiny, ethically sourced diamond chips.

3 Likes

It gets pretty slated here, although they admit it does work: https://www.leafandcore.com/2019/06/16/the-upright-go-2-is-out-with-the-problems-of-the-original/

1 Like

Is anyone else looking at her workspace and cringing? I get it that plenty of tech workers use laptops (I am writing this on one now), but the ergonomics depicted in this ad are just wrong and seem intentionally staged to bring out the worst elements of poster.

Girl, get a cardboard box to slide under that laptop to elevate your screen, and a separate keyboard to plug in to that laptop, then get some work done!

1 Like

Speak for yourself. I’m slouching so much my shoulder blades are nearly touching the floor.

1 Like

There’s a chair for us… each one of us…

3 Likes

Don’t forget hamstring shortening.

Or turning into a hipster, apparently.

5 Likes