This Tokyo-Kyoto overnight bus has comfy sleeping pods

Originally published at: This Tokyo-Kyoto overnight bus has comfy sleeping pods | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Ear buds on ocean noises and I’m off to sleepy bye land. BTW: less cash than getting a hotel.

7 Likes

Frankly, too difficult for me because I’m a stomach/side sleeper. I’ll have knotted muscles and a tension headache by morning.

8 Likes

should be Kyoto

8 Likes

You just need a cuddle buddy!

Tired Good Morning GIF by Busythings

6 Likes

Hey that’s not a bad price, good to know in case i ever go back to Japan

5 Likes

Yeah, you could be “big in Japan”…

2 Likes

Maybe things have changed, but I find that long-distance buses in Japan are often insufferably warm. I once cracked the window just a few centimeters in order to get some fresh air during a bus to Haneda from Narita during a sunny autumn afternoon, and within minutes I had the person behind me politely complaining that it was too cold and could I please shut the window and let the temperature climb back to 25°C or so?

5 Likes
2 Likes

It’s a clean-up crews’ nightmare.

2 Likes

Big Man Japan

4 Likes

But what about my bed head hair when I wake up?

1 Like

Lol i wish

2 Likes

Absolutely adored this whacky film!

2 Likes

Starring my boi Hitoshi Matsumoto (written and directed by him too)

3 Likes

That’s nothing, Megabus used to run overnight double-decker buses between London and Edinburgh (or Glasgow), with fully-horizontal beds.

The top deck had single bunk beds, and bottom deck had side-by-side cots with hammocks above. Some pictures and an account (not mine) here - https://sohflo.wordpress.com/tag/megabus-gold/

8 Likes

I’ve taken the Tokyo/Osaka Midnight Bus before. A couple of things:

1. Its 20% of the cost of the Bullet Train
  2. They are air conditioned
  3. They usually make one rest stop early on
  4. No booze allowed!
  5. They get you there at about 6:00-7:00 AM and way too early to do most things, including checking into hotels.
4 Likes

i want one of those pods for my office

5 Likes

That’s $10 extra.

1 Like

Wow, I was into for free, but $10 bucks sounds sexy.

2 Likes