This town in Japan produces almost no trash

Be careful of those compostable plastics. Most aren’t as compostable as you think. Vancouver, BC does not allow compostable plastic in their compost bins. They accept just about everything else, though. I’m not sure about other municipalities.

This is a great story. When I lived in Japan, almost 20 years ago, we just had two ways to separate our trash: burnable, and non-burnable. Most things were burnable, including plastic bags, styrofoam, and car tires. That smell of burning trash has been plastered to my brain and I will never forget it. It’s good to see that Japan is moving on from that.

2 Likes

They are good in Seattle at least I haven’t heard anything warning wise. I would imagine it would have to work as they go in compost bins at the restaurants too and they for sure would get fined.

1 Like

Living out in the country we have to pay for recycling service in addition to waste pickup. But it is worth it, we generate twice as much recycling as trash. I’m amazed when I see the other neighbors over flow a 96 gallon trash bin every week…

1 Like

“Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.