This Vietnamese pop song about coronavirus is my new jam

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/this-vietnamese-pop-song-about.html

3 Likes

This hand wash earwig plays over and over and over and over and over in the restrooms of a local Northern Neck, Va. burger joint.

Sticks in your brain doesn’t it?

7 Likes

I’m washing my hands right now.

11 Likes

Pho Bo will cure what ails yer !

2 Likes

If they want to stop the virus they shouldn’t have written such a bop, ‘cause this is music that makes people wanna smash.

1 Like

John Oliver talked about this song and I really liked how he accepted the Tik Tok challenge:

9 Likes

There are now over 70 tracks on Spotify with the word “coronavirus” in the title and someone has already released an album called COVID-19.

Stop the timeline I’d like to get off please.

2 Likes

…or um…

5 Likes

Here’s this jam with english subtitles:

7 Likes

I like how the coronavirus is wearing a little crown. That’s just clever.

6 Likes

Wow, the spoken language sure sounds different than what the letters look like they might sound like.

2 Likes

Muh muh muh my Corona!

3 Likes

I’m pretty good on picking up a bit of language for travel – bar and train station stuff – but Vietnamese is really, really hard. I tried for part of a term and I couldn’t do squat with it.

2 Likes

That’s OK, I suck so hard at languages that it took 6 goes to get 3 semester’s credit for German. And my Spanish is pitiable. I’m just happy that I can do English.

2 Likes

I remember watching a Vietnamese woman read a simple board book to her toddler. Nothing sounded remotely like I thought it would.

Doesn’t include the Minutemen’s Corona (the theme from Jackass) = fail

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.