This year's nerd Valentines are in, and they are boss af

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/13/this-years-nerd-valentines-a.html

5 Likes

I’m going with the dozen roses and a nice dinner, thanks for the heads up though…

7 Likes

True nerds are bothered by this because “> epsilon” should have been “< epsilon”, proving convergence. Of course, that would mean in the limit, my love for you is infinitely small, but we could fix it by stating delta= 1/(my love for you).

2 Likes

I know not what to make of these… devil’s signs, :thinking:

9 Likes

Ditto. Just let your eyes glaze over and assume it’s all runes that mean, roughly, “MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK”.

8 Likes

Bee Mine

6 Likes

I’ve translated it!

4 Likes

No it’s not that epsilon. It’s just whatever number is greater than every number. No?

The one that bothers me is the blue shift, because it’s meaningless without specifying an inertial observer, which can’t be the writer, since he is at rest with respect to himself.

2 Likes

Yay, I see something I remember from calculus class!

3 Likes

But it’s not correct. That should be delta>0.

I was lookin’ at this one:

I think it has something to do with calculus. I recall something about limits.

2 Likes

So it’s all math and science, no topics like history, art, philosophy or psychology/sociology? Bummer.

6 Likes

Oh, that one! That’s the math one that isn’t problematic. The graph starts bouncing up and down between -1 and 1 faster and faster as x approaches zero.

2 Likes

Ok you two! Get a room!

Happy Valentines!

2 Likes

Too many STEM people never bother to consider that type of nerdery.

4 Likes

Not even music! Where are the nerds of my youth?

4 Likes

To match my subject I’d have to say something like “You make my heart beat with less variability” or “My desire is as strong as that of a collie spotting s sheep!”

1 Like

Good heaven! There are bee mines?

1 Like

looks nice out today shall I stay out

You can make your own valentines you know, mister pointy-headed intellectual.

1 Like