Timeline of the future: 1,000 years time to one hundred quintillion years

True, but irrelevant. We should all expect that every single specific thing in the infographic will be wrong, but the general shape of what the future likes like to humans at this moment is still a useful thing to know.

People have almost no ability to predict a year ahead, let alone that far ahead. It is more harmful than helpful; so it is a relevant point, even if inconvenient.

Agreed, Even the slightly posher Terra. Just a description of the ground which doesn’t mean much more than ‘place’ or ‘somewhere’. Any alien you’d likely encounter would probably just refer to themselves as ‘Terran’ in their own language.

1 Like

We named the planet after 2/5 of the surface, and of that 2/5 most of it is rock or ice, so, probably 1% of the surface of the “Earth” is actually earth.

And we named the galaxy “The great White Way”… another euphemism for the 1%…

Notice a pattern here?

I’m for Trevor. Or Treasure. Or Tinkle. Or TinkerBell. Or Tinka-linka-linka-doo. Actually, that last one.

We are from planet Tinka-linka-linka-doo.

Tinka-linka-doo?

No, Tinka-linka-LINKA-doo. Two linkas. The moon is Tinka-linka-doo, because it’s smaller.

What galaxy?

We are from the third arm, counter-clockwise in relation to Andromeda, oriented Tinka-linka-linka-doo North, of the galaxy Gurlepadotipus XVi #!/usr/bin/perl 0x010101 Abracadabra Suckit Big Bangers Tinka-linka-linka-doo RULZ We Killed All The Neanderthals GO TEAM TLLD!

OK.

4 Likes

Infinity = time.

Thank you

“It’s the end…but the moment has been prepared for.”
-The final words of the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker)

2 Likes

That’s… weird. Does the .com version have ads?

Yes, that is true. That doesn’t mean that all the words in a language will disappear in a thousand years. Language change doesn’t work like that.

Region Locked in the UK !&&!!

This makes no f******* sense . So what if my licence fee dosn’t pay for it? Casual users in the rest of the world didn’t pay for it either.

And, in all that time, not one Cheney will have ever admit having made a mistake about anything.

1 Like

I’m going to save mine so I can cash in when the market value goes through the roof due to supply shortage.

That explains why there are no surviving dinosaur made monuments.

1 Like

There are. They are called coprolites. Just like ours will be, in the far, far future.

The Y chromosome thing was interesting. It said that making male humans in the distant future will be impossible. So, I looked it up and found contradictory data saying yes we loose genes but we have a backup in our DNA http://www.npr.org/2004/12/13/4225769/as-y-chromosome-shrinks-end-of-men-pondered. In other words, this may never happen.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

The media-hype over the disappearing Y chromosome was quite soundly debunked by New Scientist magazine if I recall correctly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.