Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror on sale again

Originally published at: Timothy Leary's Mind Mirror on sale again | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I used to play that game a lot in the Eighties. The only thing I remember now is that it found me to be a resourceful person. I have used that insight to guide my life ever since.

1 Like

I looked into my Mind Mirror and it said “hey Turkey, fix your tie.”

1 Like

he sat in my office in 1983 and pitched me the game when I was a Brand Manager at Spinnaker. I was 23. And the whole time I was saying to myself, “how dare I! what right do I have to sit here and decide…” And then I came to the conclusion that it wasn’t a particularly good piece of software and so we said no.

I still feel a little badly about it.

8 Likes

Wow. That’s pretty cool, actually.

1 Like

Make the call and live with it. Did your best.

Play for free in your browser courtesy of the Internet Archive:

2 Likes

JUST SAY NO™

1 Like

I played it as a kid and came up with either docile, which was cow-like, or innovative, which was genius. There was probably a swing descriptor toggled from one iteration to the next. As of now, I am still figuring out how to tie those two together.

2 Likes

Also available (also for 49 cents!) is the strange and mind-bending Japanese (walking? tripping?) simulator LDS – Lucid Dream Simulator. It may have, at one time, been called LSD, for LSD simulator, which is also what it does. Get both of these games for less than a buck and have a very trippy DMTmas.

1 Like

I played the games I wrote, not other people’s stuff, so I skipped this one. And I ran into Tim Leary, along with James Burke (historian) and Ted Nelson (cyber prophet), at a Computer Faire circa 1984. Leary appeared totally fried, mentally. I would not trust anything associated with him. His followers are easy targets, though.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.