Tinker with a virtual Colossus, the world's first programmable electronic digital computer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/10/tinker-with-a-virtual-colossus-the-worlds-first-programmable-electronic-digital-computer.html

3 Likes

6 Likes

HbAx9--ezgif.com-crop

3 Likes

“This is the voice of colossus. This is the voice of world control.”

Thanks for visiting my Virtual Colossus simulation and for the write up! Don’t worry, the war was won a long time ago so you can take as long as you like to crack some Lorenz SZ42 German codes. :wink:

If you’d prefer a different simulation, you can always try my Virtual Enigma (also in 3D and just in a web browser) - just search for Virtual Enigma in Google. I have a few different machines & computers you can play with from Bletchley Pare like the Lorenz SZ42 that Colossus was built to crack as well as the Turing-Welchman Bombe and you can learn more about all of them and find out how they worked. There’s even a fully working simulation of the ICT 1301 transistorized 1960s computer!

Martin - Virtual Colossus

7 Likes

This is cool! Good work and thanks for sharing it with the world!

Great Job Thumbs Up GIF by NBPA

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.