Tiny picnic tables for feeding squirrels in style

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/tiny-picnic-tables-for-feeding.html

10 Likes

These folks have clearly never seen angry squirrels. Heaven help them if patrons stop liking the service at their new restaurant and start sending the nuts back! :chestnut: :house: :face_with_head_bandage:

5 Likes

This is where squirrels are not asked to practice social distancing.

3 Likes

They need to put up umbrellas for some shade.

2 Likes

It’s like a mini-bbq pit restaurant. Who’s going to clean up the peanut shells?

1 Like

This is after two weeks, after two months they will be making tables for Cthulhu.

2 Likes

With matching bibs for the Cthulhu twins.

Humans are so cute when they go slowly insane in mind-wrecking isolation.

It’s like sous vide – slow cooking is the secret to delicious souls.

1 Like

I hate to nitpick, but I feel like those squirrel tables won’t last very long in the elements. $25 seems a bit steep for unfinished pieces of wood nailed together and a tiny plastic bowl. Fun idea, though.

1 Like

Good use for little bits of scrap wood that aren’t big enough for much else.

But I am divided on feeding squirrels-- they steal enough from bird feeders as it is, and don’t even sing for their supper like birds.

2 Likes

We have a friend who has been driven insane with the help of a loving wife and baby, and has made one of these. The family’s new obsession is watching squirrels. I have a feeling this will not stay cute for much longer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.