TOM THE DANCING BUG: Finding Dory - The Republican Story

[Read the post]

3 Likes

And the third film will be Surviving Dory, about all the fish species from the coral reefs who now only exist in captivity.

5 Likes

I’m sure the thoughts and prayers of our elected representatives are with them.

13 Likes

That’s it then, we’re all fucked

3 Likes

Have been for some time. Still, even if we had been environmentally responsible, Yellowstone or similar will eventually create a mass extinction and life will recover in new forms. Not much of a consolation, but it goes with Tennyson’s realisation (in 1844, before The Evolution etc.,) that Nature doesn’t regard anything as a special snowflake, as revealed by all the fossils of extinct species:

From scarped cliff or quarried stone
She cries “A thousand types are gone
I care for nothing; all must go.”

2 Likes

To be fair, if ever we give birth to AI and/or become immortal via tech, and achieve starfaring status, that’s a pretty special snowflake.

1 Like

Yup.

The scientists back in the 90’s who were frantically trying to warn the world that avoiding climate catastrophe required urgent action (i.e. pretty much all of them)?

They weren’t wrong.

The chance to avoid catastrophe is gone. What we’re at now is a massively overdue and possibly futile attempt to limit the casualties…or at least we would be, if we were doing anything about it beyond an occasional aspirational non-binding agreement to maybe consider doing something at some point in the indefinite future.

But, nope, business as usual continues.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.