Tom the Dancing Bug: If insurrectionist Trump can become president, so can

Originally published at: Tom the Dancing Bug: If insurrectionist Trump can become president, so can... - Boing Boing

10 Likes

Who’s the leader of the club that’s made for you and me?

13 Likes

oh… also…

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

8 Likes

Sure, why not.
And since corporations are people…
Check your portfolio and call your broker, now!

12 Likes

All hail copyright-free cartoon characters!

7 Likes

Hail to the Cheese!

4 Likes

meta We really need the laugh/cry as a reaction…

6 Likes

how do I pronounce broker again?

5 Likes

In my head I heard all of Mickey’s speech bubbles in his voice.

Which is a problem, because I’m pretty sure that’s not public domain.

6 Likes

You mean in the emojis? Yeah, a puke emoji, too.

4 Likes

Surely someone smarter than me has made a book based on this?

Will we soon elect corporations, changing the name of the nation every 4-8 years, like we do for large sports and entertainment venues? Will the vice president corporation get a co-sponsorship?

“I welcome the President or McDonald’s Untied States of America, brought to you by Coke.”

President and VP say at the same time: “Glad to be here! I’m lovin’ it! Jinx! You owe me a Coke.” (it’s a fun little thing they like to do.)

Also - all these Mickey Mouse uses done by people lately are almost all satire or parody which could have already been done before SBW entered public domain. I have seen one comic somewhere that actually did something that it couldn’t do before entering the public domain.

2 Likes

professor farnsworth futurama GIF
Disney can’t come after you for your thoughts.
Yet.

7 Likes

Just wait until God-Emperor Drumpf mandates NeuroLink chips to be allowed to vote, but you are only allowed to vote the way He sees fit.

He shouldn’t be on the primary ballot - he should be in JAIL

He shouldn’t be on ANY state’s ballot - he should be in JAIL

He shouldn’t be on '24 ballot for local dog-catcher - he should be in JAIL

F!ckstain lost by 8 MILLION VOTES (see antiquated Electoral College BS) and he tried to foment a coup to reverse his loss. And being Drumpf he was spectacularly inept at it. Just ask the hundreds of thousands of dead Americans due to his COVID f-up.
Oh that’s right, we can’t ask them because they are dead.

But funnily enough his active malice against masks, social distancing, shutdowns or slow downs of any kind, even the vaccine! actually killed more of his dumb@ss rural voters.

Duh! Way to go Donnie!

5 Likes

Just like in Idiocracy, “Brought to you by Carl’s Jr.”

3 Likes

Jennifer Government by Max Barry comes immediately to mind.

11 Likes

Disney could run a younger, better-drawn Mickey against old Steamboat Mickey.

Mind you, his VP would probably be a bit Goofy.

6 Likes

This strip is clearly a deep state Disney action, as only Steamboat Willie is public domain, not Mickey. Steamboat Willie doesn’t wear gloves.

Disney did a Parent Trap switcharoo on us, leading us to believe that common sense candidate Steamboat Willie was running. Now that Mickey is president, Public Domain is outlawed, and all of it now belongs to Disney.

Well played, frozen head of Walt. Well played.

3 Likes

I mean, actually I’d be happier with a country run by the Disney corporation rather than by the GOP.

For disclosure, I don’t live in the US.

Corporations do generally run America, that’s how things got to where we are today… Even ones that give people warm fuzzies, like disney, exert a huge amount of power on the US and the world… Disney is largely why we’re where we are with copyright being so very long globally.

I do.

3 Likes

I’m reminded that the browser game created as part of the marketing for that book is still up and running.
https://www.nationstates.net/