Tom the Dancing Bug: One Day in a Louisiana Classroom

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/26/tom-the-dancing-bug-one-day-in-a-louisiana-classroom.html

14 Likes

Pedro Pascal Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

23 Likes

Bluey is better than god though.

28 Likes

Heretic!

12 Likes

I’d take any member of the Heeler family over the lunatic worshipped by people worldwide.

9 Likes

oh for the Christian faction which would at least swap out the “Don’t covet thy neighbor’s ‘manservant’” (i.e. slave) bit with jebuz’s shot at the golden rule (oh round 'bout Matthew 7:12ish), “So in everything, do to others whatever you would like them to do to you" …but noOo …too woke? -sigh-

11 Likes

Sad Cry GIF by ClickUp

11 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

15 Likes

Beat me to it!

5 Likes

That’s a pretty good example of how they will be received. Kids aren’t going to care. I think we had the 10 Commandments up somewhere in Bible School, but, it was just part of the decoration. We didn’t genuflect or recite it. It was, and these will, be largely ignored.

It just shows what a slow “jerk off motion” this whole thing is. An unconstitutional dig at the “Culture War”, which is all the Republicans got a this point.

10 Likes

And, frankly that’s all that matters. Their lead-brained constituency will only see that the bill was passed, forget all about, then be available for fresh outrage when it is repealed and declare it an assault on “our” culture and heritage.

3a8b515f-9979-40d7-8206-564922376238_text

8 Likes

In dog we trust

10 Likes

I think Muffin reminds me the most of God

2 Likes

As much as this law grinds my gears, Tom’s depiction of kids at school is incredibly accurate.

A+ or gold star or a Bluey sticker. Whatever reward is appropriate these days.

2 Likes

Time For Bed Sleeping GIF by Bluey

1 Like

11 Likes

4 Likes

Just a matter of time until one of these backward legistlatures tries to impose stoning as an execution method.
As to if it will be upheld by the SCOTUS… well, I’m not gonna take that bet.

3 Likes

5 Likes

The Republicans insist that it is Thou shalt not murder, and they don’t think it is murder if they think God approves.

Don’t ask me about the fucked up logic regarding them deciding if God does approve, I’m already too depressed.

5 Likes